Search This Blog

Thursday 9 June 2011

Freak / Geek

There you sit at the front of my class,
I can’t concentrate I should be doing maths,
But all I can do is dream about you.
What am I thinking you’re the queen of the school,
And I’m just a geek acting the fool.

It’s time to go home the school bell is ringing,
I cross the school yard what am I thinking,
How could it be you’d look at me?
I call out your name hear myself ask for a date,
I’m just a freak you’re friends all laugh in my face.

I’M A GEEK
I like Babylon 5,
I’M A FREAK
I like getting high,
I’M A FREAK
I dress all in black,
I’M A GEEK
I can recite Kerouac
But that’s not all I am,
Inside I’m still a man.

It’s Saturday night we’re all at the disco,
I look at you how could you ever know,
All that I feel but to you I’m not real.
I’m just the boy from who you copy chemistry,
I’m just a geek vainly hoping you’ll notice me.

Outside it’s dark I see you walking home,
You smile at me is it because we’re all alone,
Could it be true you feel as I do?
Then you’re caught up by the boy from the football team,
Get lost you freak I here him calling to me.

I’M A FREAK
Who’s never been kissed,
I’M AGEEK
Who gets off on playing Risk,
I’M A GEEK
Who knows about Calculus,
I’M A FREAK
I’ve never been one of us,
But that’s not all I am,
Inside I’m still a man.

I turn the corner walking away from school,
There you are asking me why I’m such a fool,
Why did you go I didn’t say no?
Take me by the hand walk with me away from here,
Call me a freak but I like the geek,
Who’s standing here.

(Then she said)

There’s a freak,
Trying to get out of me,
I’m a geek,
I like Gene Rodenberry,
You’re a geek
And I don’t care what my friends say,
We’ll be freaks,
Together no matter what they say.

WE’LL BE FREAKS

No comments:

Post a Comment