Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Underneath the Golden Arches

There’s a place that I know,
Where I sometimes go,
And sit awhile.
A place steeped in history,
Packed full of humanity,
Who rarely smile.

There’s kid from the school,
All acting the fool,
Wanting to be seen.
I saw a failed rock star,
Trying to sell his car,
What might have been?

The girls from the store,
Boys trying to score,
In the car park.
Refugees from the cinema,
A man dressed as Himmler,
All there after dark.

Old ladies with blue rinses,
Discussing the merits of chintzes,
As they sit down to eat.
Next to a nervous young boy,
And a girl looking coy,
Tapping her feet.

I see a whole rugby team,
And a kid looking mean,
As his mother pays.
There’s a man in a dress,
The kid’s making a mess,
As his mother explains.

The boys from the city,
Now things aren’t that pretty,
All turn up.
A man dining alone,
Girls on their mobile phones,
Who won’t shut up.

It’s a place that I love,
Fits me like a glove,
And I can supersize.
Spy on the human race,
Put a name to that face,
And eat burger and fries.

Burger and fries!

Supersize!

No comments:

Post a Comment