Search This Blog

Sunday 26 June 2011

Storyboard


I’m standing outside your door,
Waiting for you to let me in,
I want to tell you about my storyboard,
But I don’t know where to begin.

Little Susie sleeps on the streets,
Her daddy used to make her cry,
Now she’s got nobody else,
And all she can do is ask why?

I’m standing at the end of the street,
Waiting to see you walk past,
I’m watching as young lovers meet,
Wondering if they will last!

Uncle Jimmy plays on the drums,
Only he hears inside his head,
They’re taking him away tomorrow,
On the basis of what the doctor said.

I’m standing at the back of the room,
So no one can look behind me,
On the radio the DJ plays our tune,
But no one listens but me.

Cousin Bobby cries out at night,
For the friends he left behind,
In Helmand province they lie sleeping,
A grim reminder of our times!

I’m standing there before you,
But our eyes they never meet,
Even though I once adored you,
We now live on different streets.

Just like little Susie and Jimmy,
Cousin Bobby we’re just names,
Our only purpose is to amuse you,
And give you someone to blame.

I’m standing where you left me,
A fool found outside your door,
To be shaped into your stories,
A character on the storyboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment