Search This Blog

Monday 23 May 2011

Claire


I first met her at the record store,
She was working there,
And I was buying a record by the Cure.
We got to talking at the till,
She stole my cigarette lighter,
You know I think she’s got it still.

I asked her out and she said maybe,
I had to pass a test,
Like a knight in one of those stories.
I asked her to tell me what I must do,
And she laughed,
And said I had to prove that I was true.

We went dancing the very next night,
I made her laugh,
She was there when I turned out the light.
That summer we were never apart,
If you’d have asked,
I would have said that she stole my heart.

Then one day the moment I woke up,
I turned around,
And it seemed to me I had lost my hope.
The pillow next to me was empty,
Claire had gone,
Not even a letter waiting by the coffee.

I search for Claire all of the time,
No matter where,
I look she will not be found.
Even as I walk through town today,
I hear her laugh,
But when I turn around she’s gone away.

No comments:

Post a Comment