Search This Blog

Sunday 29 May 2011

Heather (I Forgive You)

Sitting on a park bench waiting for the world to catch me up.
(Catch me up),
Saw a girl across the street trying to catch the bus,
(Catch the bus),
When she looked across the street she didn’t recognise,
(Didn’t recognise),
The man watching the world pass by with tired eyes,
(Tired eyes),
I wonder where she’s going who to meet today,
(Meet today),
Her sister for a coffee or a lover to blow her mind away,

The girl has gone and I’m sitting all alone,
(All alone),
The silence is so final when you are on your own,
(On your own),
I think about the past and a girl I knew,
(Girl I knew),
All I remember now were her eyes were blue,
(Eyes were blue),
Her hair was red and had a temper to match,
(Temper to match),
How we used to argue, how I made her laugh,
(Made her laugh),

She’s the reason why I’m sitting here,
(Sitting here),
She’s the one who went and left me,
(Went and left me),
But although I didn’t know it at the time,
(At the time),
Who tore us apart being scared was my crime,
(Was my crime),
When you’re in love it’ll last forever,
(Last forever),
Or so you think can you forgive me Heather?
(Forgive me Heather).

(Can you forgive me Heather?)
(Can you forgive me Heather?)
(Can you forgive me Heather?)
(Can you forgive me Heather?)

Still sitting on that bench as the girl returns from town,
(Returns from town,)
I’m guessing it’s the sister as the girl’s wearing a frown,
(Wearing a frown,)
Walking up the street she spots and smiles at me,
(Smiles at me,)
The kind of smile you give to one of your family,
(Your family,)
But my families gone because of a girl I knew,
(Girl I knew,)
Who broke me heart, left me what could I do?
(Could I do?)

When you find a love that might last forever,
(Last forever,)
You’ve got to take the chance but I forgive you Heather,
(I forgive you Heather,)
(I forgive you Heather,)
(I forgive you Heather,)

No comments:

Post a Comment