Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Danny Boyle


O Danny Boyle where are you now?
Have the years been good to you?
O Danny Boyle are you laughing,
At the rest of us like you used to?

A playground bully king of the slide,
When you said jump we’d say how high,
Our dinner money brought your chips and peas,
Got what you wanted and never said please.
I remember we fought once over a girl,
At the time I thought she meant the world,
You hit me and like so many I fell down,
You get a different view sprawled on the ground.

O Danny Boyle where are you now?
Are things the same as you were used to?
O Danny Boyle do you remember,
The boys and girls who were scared of you?

You fought the police and the visiting fans,
A right of passage you thought made you a man,
No one was safe even the foolish girls,
Who clung to you thought you were the world.
I saw you once what was her name?
I don’t remember, I just remember the pain,
On her face as you kissed her goodbye,
What had she done for that black eye?

O Danny Boyle where are you now?
Do you consider life still one big fight?
O Danny Boyle what do you feel,
As your fist connects what’s it like?

I heard you made you made it to the top,
As a business man and new age fop,
Do you regale your new found friends,
With anecdotes of life on the Boothen End,
How it was always fighting you and I,
You’d throw, connect and then I’d try,
I’d miss you’d hit and finally I’d see,
Danny boy, do you want to be me?

O Danny Boyle where are you now?
What you doing with your life?
O Danny Boyle when you look back,
Do you find it easy to sleep at night?

No comments:

Post a Comment