Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Cool Winds


Lazy Sunday morning,
And the realisation is dawning,
What’s it going to give to me now?
Love’s on the back burner,
Life seems a little longer,
What’ it going to give to me now?

Give me back a piece of my heart,
It’s all that I’m asking for now.
All I need is a nudge at the start,
And maybe I’ll get her back now.

Smiles are fading,
Life’s hard I’m finding,
Maybe I’ll make it work this time.
Love’s a perfect stranger,
Always a sense of danger,
Maybe I’ll make it work this time.

Give me a warm and tender heart,
To beat in step with mine,
Give me a promise we’ll never part,
Help me make it this time.

Cool winds are blowing,
Love’s no way of knowing,
What it’s got in store for me?
I’m not here waiting,
My feelings aren’t changing,
What’s it got in store for me?

Give me a little piece of luck,
Give me hope when all else fails,
Give me a lover’s touch,
And I’ll be the wind in her sails.

Songs are getting longer,
My loneliness gets stronger,
What’s it going to give to me now?
Love is a barricade,
Promises to be made,
What’s it going to give to me now?

What’s it going to give to me now?

No comments:

Post a Comment