Search This Blog

Monday 25 July 2011

Just Because


I only write this song to ask a question,
About our love it’s new direction,
We’ve had good times and the bad,
The blazing fights,
And starry nights.
I’ve got another woman you’ve got another man,
It seems romance is out of our hands,
Where are we going can’t you tell,
Somewhere north of heaven or south of hell,
This isn’t how I pictured us,
But I’m holding on just because.

I only called you up to say three words,
You know the ones you’ve often heard,
I love you,
You know it’s true.
You’re the reason why I wake up,
Hoping one day to feel your touch,
Although it seems our love’s taboo,
Even though you love me and I love you,
This isn’t how I pictured us,
But I’m holding on just because.

I’m only waiting because I always will,
It’s been a long time but I’m waiting still,
My life’s desire,
Until the funeral pyre,
You and me living as one.
Your pretty face, your warm caress,
A lover’s touch not sordid sex,
So come on baby let’s make amends,
Let’s return to when we were more than friends,
This isn’t how I pictured us,
But I’m holding on just because . . . I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment